Friday, March 20, 2009

I Am Selfish

After posting this blog I received an overwhelming amount of feedback from mothers all over the country. Some empathized with me and gave me great advice.

However, let me first address the angry messages I received from mothers that seemed to think me ungrateful and selfish.

I am selfish, but I am not ungrateful. I wake up every day and I thank god for my wonderful husband and beautiful little girl. It is not them I’m not happy with; it is me that needs work.

Selfish is thrown on women anytime they start to think about themselves. When did getting married and having a child become an automatic forfeit of a woman’s hopes and dreams? Not her hopes for her family, but her own, deep, dreams.

Yet, I am not angry. I still thank you all for taking the time to read my thoughts and giving your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment