Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Letter To My Dear Husband

This is not a letter to thank you for the vast amount of things you do for me and our daughter day after day.

It is not a letter to show my appreciation for your kindness, generosity, and loving heart. This note will not express my gratitude for you supporting this family and always thinking of us first.

This letter is a thank you for all the little things I have never showed appreciation for; mostly because I always assumed you knew how much they mean to me.

Thank you, for kissing my head every morning before you leave for work; even when you think I am asleep.

Thank you, for letting me devour the last bit of the delicious cake we are sharing; everyone knows that’s the best part.

Thank you, for completely ignoring when I am being a stubborn mule, and letting me see it for myself just so I can later say it never happened that way.

Thank you for sleeping in a freezing room, just because I hate the heat.

Thank you for getting mad at me when I am being reckless and destructive to myself.

Thank you for looking at our daughter with so much love in your eyes that it brings tears to mine.

Thank you for forgiving me for all my faults and trusting that I can and will be better.

Lastly, thank you for the inspiration I have found in your simile every single day for the last 10 years. No amount of thank you’s will ever be enough to show my gratitude for everything that you are to me.

4 comments:

  1. "The happy heart gives away the best. To know how to receive is also a most important gift, which cultivates generosity in others and keeps strong the cycle of life."
    – Venerable Dhyani Ywahoo, speaker, author, musician and spiritual leader in the Eastern Tsalagi (Cherokee) tradition
    Your ability to appreciate and be grateful for the little things your husband does for you is a gift. I enjoyed your post of gratitude. One of my favorite books is The Art of Possibility by Rosamund Stone Zander and Benjamin Zander. It is a real treasure and I think you would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, what a beautiful letter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. You should give yourself more credit as a writer.

    xo Kim
    www.yummymummycooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about thanking him for the way he looks?? You two are a very cute couple!!

    ReplyDelete