Friday, March 6, 2009

Steps

I began to think of ways to give birth to the new me. Not the person I was before, that person is gone and I have to except that. I need to create a new identity; an identity that includes some parts of the old me, but also includes my husband and my little girl. So where to begin?

Step One:
I need to lose the 50lbs I gained during pregnancy. Not just for the confidence I desperately need, but also for the energy I need to accomplish all off the goals I have set for myself.

Step Two:
Find a way to earn an income from home. This has little to do with needing extra income and everything to do with feeling a sense of independence.

Step Three:
Establish a new, positive, group of friends. Although I love and cherish the friends I have, I need to find people I can truly relate to. I need to be around individuals who feel what I feel every day.

Step Three:
Discover a deeper sense of self. I have no idea what that means. But I know I have to try to get close to who I truly am.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! You have an award waiting at:
    http://morethananumber.wordpress.com/2009/03/07/not-one-but-two-awards/

    ReplyDelete
  2. try a local play group. You'll make friends that are more similar to you than the socialites without children and you'll be a good Mom for getting your kids out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to hear more about what you did before you had your beautiful baby. What is your passion?

    ReplyDelete